Re: [Organic_Gardening] flying mites ?
I think I took the same class. Are you in California?
--- On Wed, 4/1/09, SG <SGcvn69yahoo@
From: SG <SGcvn69yahoo@
Subject: Re: [Organic_Gardening] flying mites ?
To: "Organic_Gardening@
Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 9:12 PM
Yup tanglefoot is just like the yellow sticky cards. But if you want
to get rid of them and not just control them...get Knock Out Gnats
from Gardensalive. com
-
Cindi
Rabies Challenge Fund :: www.rabieschallenge fund.org
On Mar 30, 2009, at 11:09 AM, Diane Day <dianeday2000@ yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, I haven't tried this yet, but I took a class Sat and a master
> gardner who is into organics told me to twist up newspaper and wrap/
> tie it up with Tanglefoot. The bugs go for it and get stuck, but
> I've heard they live in the dirt and that will not get rid of them,
> but it should help stop them from flying around
>
> --- On Sun, 3/29/09, SGcvn69 | http://sgcvn69. blogspot. com/ <SGcvn69yahoo@ gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> From: SGcvn69 | http://sgcvn69. blogspot. com/ <SGcvn69yahoo@ gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Organic_Gardening] flying mites ?
> To: Organic_Gardening@ yahoogroups. com
> Date: Sunday, March 29, 2009, 10:54 AM
>
>
>
>
>
>
> mites don't fly. if they are small and flying it's probably fungus
> gnats.
> you shouldn't have a problem once you plant them outside, but
> indoors there
> are no natural predators so they just keep coming. Knock Out Gnats
> from
> www.gardensalive. com does the job really well. don't overwater your
> plants....gnats love decaying matter and beer!
>
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 10:47 AM, <bairdnbaird@ aol.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me.. As I am new to the
>> vegetable
>> gardening this year. I have started the seedlings inside and have
>> noticed
>> small flying mites or something ? I bought an organic insect killer
>> that is
>> to be used on fruit & veggies. But they keep coming back.. Any
>> suggestions.
>> I really don't like using anything, but now I wonder what will
>> happen when I
>> plant them outside. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
>> so much
>> Nicole
>
> --
> Cindi (aka. SGcvn69)
> Rabies Challenge Fund :: www.rabieschallenge fund.org
>
> Phipps Conservatory Master Gardener
> Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Zone 6a | http://sgcvn69. blogspot. com/
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------ --------- --------- ------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe
1:27 PM
|
|
This entry was posted on 1:27 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:
Post a Comment