Re: [MittleiderMethodGardening] Greenhouse construction

 



Derek,
 
Here is a good site....this is the most detailed one for hoop greenhouses I have found. The only missed detail in this plan is the horizontal bracing - which could be done with more piping or with 1 x 2. My mother in law is drooling over this design I found for her - she is a big flower market gardener and this design lets her go as long as her space allows. We are in Sooke { 45 minutes outside of Victoria for other members who don't know BC :)    } so this design will suit due to our low risk of extreme snow. Hope this helps.
 
Erin
 
P.S :small versions of this are excellent for cold frames - I make them so the whole dome   
        folds back on hinges.
 
 
 http://www.albertahomegardening.com/how-to-build-an-inexpensive-hoop-style-greenhouse/

--- On Thu, 9/23/10, dlbww <derekandlinda@shaw.ca> wrote:

From: dlbww <derekandlinda@shaw.ca>
Subject: [MittleiderMethodGardening] Greenhouse construction
To: MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com
Received: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 11:54 PM

 

I have been searching through back posts of this group, perusing the Internet but still haven't had that eureka moment for a suitable greenhouse design.

Where I want to build the greenhouse(s) is south facing and sloping. I'm thinking of a concrete or block curb wall, tempered glass panels (34"x76") for the sides and perhaps UV poly over a hand-built truss roof system. Or should I use glass panels on the roof as well? I'm thinking something like 15' x 30' in size. Or should I be looking at a metal hoop style greenhouse and use poly? I want the option of using this through the mild winters we get here (Salt Spring Island, BC, USDA zone 9).

Any suggestions, websites, etc. would be appreciated.

Derek

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: