[MittleiderMethodGardening] :Worms in Tomatoes? Marigolds CAN help with Nematodes

 


Here is a FYI regarding Marigolds. As we have often heard, or maybe we
haven't all heard it, planting marigolds in your garden will prevent
nematodes. Well, yes, it will but only if you take the faded blooms and sprinkle
the petals and dig them into the soil. Just planting them doesn't do the
trick. I know this doesn't help the tomato worm problem however, wanted to
pass it on in case you are having a nematode problem
Joanne
_PathaJ@aol.com_ (mailto:PathaJ@aol.com)

In a message dated 9/23/2010 8:10:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
nalaxu@comcast.net writes:

The marigolds planted with my tomatoes didn't keep the worms away.
Pam

I too have planted marigolds along my tomatoes, and I never have the worms
(knock on mulch). So I do think there is something to it. This next year,
with some of my stuff growing vertical, I will be putting onions in, next
to my tomatoes...Linda B

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments: