[MittleiderMethodGardening] Corn falling over :O

 


Hi All!

I live in sunny California, with no rain all summer... until yesterday! Not even heavy, just a nice light mist... but on sunny today I went out in the garden, and part of my corn patch had fallen over! :O I'd say about 1/4 of the 3 rows went down! A few isolated plants blew over back about a month ago, after a windy night.. but I courageously staked those up and hoped for the best! :-D

Do any of you have this problem? I don't remember my parents ever having this happen with their small rows of corn... What causes this? And can I prevent it in the future?

And can I leave them on the ground and still get corn? :O

Thanks!

Carmen in zone 9

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: