[Organic_Gardening] Re: Carrots in Scotland?
If its zone 5 your in, then plant about the middle to end of May.
--- In Organic_Gardening@
>
> Hello Fellow Gardeners,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone here can tell me when is the proper time to plant carrots in Scotland. Sort of an unusual question, I know.
>
> I have a friend who lives there within an hour's drive from Edinburgh and she can't seem to find any info on the correct time to plant carrot seeds there.
>
> Here is what she told me in an e-mail -
> "Am wondering if I should risk putting carrots outside yet... Never grown them before so dont know. If I ask on a forum or lookup a site then it gives me south of england planting times and I'm 500 miles
> north, and 1000ft higher up and it just doesnt work here."
>
> Thanks to anyone who can help with this dilemma. Appreciate it a lot.
> Linda Ludwick
> I'm in Zone 5 but I don't know exactly where my friend Mary lives in Scotland.
>
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe
8:22 AM
|
|
This entry was posted on 8:22 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:
Post a Comment