[Organic_Gardening] Re: Blueberry Seed Source Online?
Thank you Ken, I'm a rookie to gardening. Always loved gardening but never had the chance until now. So I'm still learning and got A LOT to learn. My family buys a lot of blueberries, since we are starting our organic garden I just thought it didn't hurt to try... LOL Darn!
--- In Organic_Gardening@
>
> Blueberries are not grown from seed, but from branches that are rooted. Because your area is considered tropical, there are no blueberry types that are suitable for your area planting zone. They need a specific amount of chill cold time to properly grow. Without going dorment during the fall, winter, and early spring when its very cold below 30 degrees, they simply will not produce anything. Sorry.
>
> --- In Organic_Gardening@
> >
> > I live in Hawaii and it is illegal for me to import a blueberry plant. So does anyone know of a good online source for me to purchase blueberry seeds so that I may grow it on my own here? Thanks!
> >
>
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe
9:28 PM
|
|
This entry was posted on 9:28 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:
Post a Comment