[MittleiderMethodGardening] Re: "Shallow" bed gardening

 

 I'm glad the question was addressed about growing on surfaces like concrete, very helpful. Just wanted to add that I've been using 5 gallon buckets to grow in for roughly 10 years and they work fine, trick is do not drill holes in the bottom or they dry out too fast. Here you'd need to water them at least twice a day and they may still burn up. I drilled my holes about 3 inches from the bottom, covered interior with shade cloth to keep the soil in and that keeps the buckets from drying out completely while letting excess water out. I've also used and still use any other container I can to grow in, old boats, bathtubs kids pools, tires, I've also used old toilets for things like decorative flowers, lol I am by no means a "normal" grower, but it works for me. 

__._,_.___

Posted by: gracie_lue@ymail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: