Re: [MittleiderMethodGardening] Plethora of peppers

 


I like to roast the Anaheim peppers, then peel and put in a blender and puree, then freeze.  This way I can pull out a container, defrost it, mix it with tomatoes and onions and cilantro for salsa, or I mix with equal amount of water a bit of sea salt and use it for enchilada sauce (also very good with eggs in the morning)

very tasty!

On 9/4/2015 9:59 PM, john mcginnis maruadventurer@gmail.com [MittleiderMethodGardening] wrote:
 
Dehydrate is a pretty good method. That way you can put them in soups.

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 12:36 PM, sorensonbj@aol.com [MittleiderMethodGardening] <MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Whats a good way to preserve peppers?


The weekly feed regime has me buried in peppers. My mom used to freeze big bells for stuffing later, but other than putting a few in salsa, I have no idea how to keep them for later.


I have several types of sweet peppers, Jalepenos, and Anahiems. 


Thanks

Bryan



__._,_.___

Posted by: Allen Elwood RR <aelwood@socal.rr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: