[Organic_Gardening] Re: New

 

Thank you Jeff. My concern is planting perennials in the lasagna garden and the roots not being able to penetrate topsoil, but I think if I start late winter it might work...and a friend also reminded me of adding gypsum to help brake up the soil.

--- In Organic_Gardening@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Strong <jeff_faithwalker@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Daisy, instead of digging try the Lasagna method. It will save your back and the lava rock can stay where it is.
> jeff
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Daisy <mdbat9090@...>
> To: Organic_Gardening@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:36 AM
> Subject: [Organic_Gardening] New
>
>
>  
> Hi My Name Daisy and I'm new to the forum. I garden in a small suburban backyard in Reno, Nv. My garden area is approximately 248 sq ft. I love to grow mostly food and some flowers. One of my goals are to get rid of landscaping rocks and fabric and dig into my concrete-like soil so that I may plant beautiful perennials but this has proven to be a backbraking job. Would love to meet some members.
> `
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments: