[MittleiderMethodGardening] Re: Worst Gardening Problem

 


Thanks, Marc, I didn't think of that. And I will try it. Also not sure that I used the correct name on these - these are not squash borers that get in stems; these look like a shield as an adult - dark gray, and like yellow eggs at first on underneath of leaves, then little furry yellow things under the leaves which suck out the juice and give the plants a virus or bacteria (not sure which)that causes the leaves shrivel up and die. I'm willing to give anything a try at this point - so they will get the neem oil treatment; anything else anyone can suggest to stop these things would be greatly appreciated. Also any ideas on the yellow lady bug like beetle.
Thanks again - veda
--- In MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com, "fiddlewoman1" <fiddlewoman1@...> wrote:
>
> Hello Jim,
> My worst gardening problem is also bugs - and all their relatives!!! Somehow I have gotten an infestation of squash/sting bugs in my garden, and for the last two years they have destroyed my cucumbers, pumpkins, and squash!!!! I try to garden organically and not use pesticides, and have tried pulling up all the damaged/old plants, soapy water; smashing those little stinkers, and nearly any other thing other than resorting to some sort of pesticide. I am considering renting a burner to burn anything near the garden so I could kill any residual hibernating eggs. If anyone has a plan to get rid of these, please share! We are losing ALL of our beautiful plentiful cucumber crops (Mittleider Method grows a ton of cucumbers), and I am desperate to get rid of these things. (We live in the mid southeast.)
>
> I also had a beetle that took out my green beans that was not a Japanese bean beetle. I heard that it was a beetle from South America that had migrated - looked like a yellow lady bug. Other than bugs, everything has grown like gangbusters!
>
> Any suggestions on how to get rid of these pests?
>
> Thanks
> veda
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments: