[MittleiderMethodGardening] Re: Does the Mittleider Method work in high wind areas?

 

Thanks everyone for responding.

Just wanted to be sure that the plants will do well on the t-frame in wind. We don't have constant wind but it can blow very hard at times. I already figured that the plastic cover would not work here so that's no surprise. I will probably use the corn stalk idea to catch some of the wind.

Thanks again!

Mona
--- In MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com, ttoproofing@... wrote:
>
> I have never had problems with the t-frames its self, in fact I have loved having the t-frames, but when I have put plastic up to make a green house I had problems with the wind.
> Craig
> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: "monawea" <monawea@...>
> Sender: MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:50:25
> To: <MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com>
> Reply-To: MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [MittleiderMethodGardening] Does the Mittleider Method work in high wind areas?
>
> I live in a mountain community, zone 7-9. We get some very high winds here and I worried about the t-fame method. The summers don't usually have as high winds as winter but they can get up there.
> The winds usually blow from west to east or visa versa.
> Has anyone experienced using the Mittleider Method in high wind areas?
>
> Thank you!
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: