Re: [MittleiderMethodGardening] Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!

 

My squash plants were inundated with them... so I pulled up all the plants
hoping they would go away... they all moved and killed off most of my
watermelons and lopes, and more recently have moved on to my surprise to my
tomato plants. Best thing I can suggest is to remove them either by hand or I
found a small shop vac works really well too to suck them up. I let them go too
long - next year I will have to take care of them the minute I see them and also
watch for the eggs on the undersides of the squash leaves - pretty easy to find.

________________________________
From: Sheba948 <ccepps@bellsouth.net>
To: MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, September 6, 2010 6:17:37 AM
Subject: [MittleiderMethodGardening] Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura,
LOL, city girl here, I had to first go see what a chicken tractor was. City code
will not allow me to have chickens. Nor will my nose. Maybe the wild geese that
fly over will stop by for breakfast.

Thanks for the laugh,
Carolyn in NC

--- In MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com, Homestead Springsberry
<springsberry@...> wrote:
>
> Move your chicken tractor to that spot! Quick! ;-)
>
> Laura in PA
>
> Sheba948 wrote:
> > Good Morning Group,
> > Okay I've pulled up my squash plants, and what did I find? The ground is
>crawling with squash bugs. I want to plant my greens.....so how do I get rid of
>the bugs??????
> >
> > Time is running out, somebody help please!
> >
> > Thanks
> > Carolyn in NC
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: