Re: [MittleiderMethodGardening] RE: BEAVERS

 

One spring the rabbits ate the bark off my 3 year old fruit trees. Ringed
them so they died. The ones that were left I put chicken wire around, close
to the trunks. Thought they were safe. Winter came and went and in the
spring I went out to inspect my trees and--they were ringed too! I had put
the wire too close to the trunks and as the snow piled up, they just stood
on top of the snow and ate above the wire.

When I replanted I made sure I immediately put wire around the trees, far
enough away so that they couldn't stand on the snow, reach over and eat the
bark.

Samala,
Renee



-------Original Message-------

We put chicken wire around the bottoms of the tree, all the way around and 3
to 4 feet up. It works for us.
Kay



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: