[Organic_Gardening] Re: controlling "stink bugs"?



Cucumber beetles. Spotted or striped have yellow and black, and are quite small. Scent lures and yellow sticky traps set nearby will get many. Neem to spray on leaves as they carry dreaded downy and powdery mildew spores. The leaves quickly turn white and dusty looking and quickly die. You need a good fungicide to control the infections. Serenade is a good product and is sprayed on the tops and bottoms of all leaves. The mildew affects cukes and all kinds of cucubrit family including squash. I grow picking cukes as they seem a bit better to hold off any disease. Peaceful Valley has the lures and traps. Mine get so cluttered I have to replace them mid season.

--- In Organic_Gardening@yahoogroups.com, "napolitano.tina" <napolitano.tina@...> wrote:
>
> Last summer, my thriving cucumbers began to shrivel and discolor. Bit by bit, I had no choice but to uproot and discard them. Next, my zucchini began to suffer the same symptoms, only this time, I found (under some of the lower leaves) a colony of bugs I didn't recognize but my neighbor identified as "stink bugs." They are beetle-like in appearance. I need to find an organic solution to keep these pests out of my garden this year. Thanks for any advice!
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: