[Organic_Gardening] Re: Carrots in Scotland?
--- In Organic_Gardening@
>
> Hello Fellow Gardeners,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone here can tell me when is the proper time to plant carrots in Scotland. Sort of an unusual question, I know.
>
> I have a friend who lives there within an hour's drive from Edinburgh and she can't seem to find any info on the correct time to plant carrot seeds there.
>
> Here is what she told me in an e-mail -
> "Am wondering if I should risk putting carrots outside yet... Never grown them before so dont know. If I ask on a forum or lookup a site then it gives me south of england planting times and I'm 500 miles
> north, and 1000ft higher up and it just doesnt work here."
>
> Thanks to anyone who can help with this dilemma. Appreciate it a lot.
> Linda Ludwick
> I'm in Zone 5 but I don't know exactly where my friend Mary lives in Scotland.
>hi linda,
you can sow carrots in scotland NOW it usually tells you on the back
of the seed packet.
geo.
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe
12:43 PM
|
|
This entry was posted on 12:43 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:
Post a Comment