RE: [MittleiderMethodGardening] Spacing.

 

I'm not an expert, but I think there are different varieties of kale that need different spacing.  The "giant" kind definitely needs more spacing.  I use what's on the seed package for "spacing between plants" the first time I plant anything and go down from there the subsequent years until I feel it's the right spacing.

 

From: MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2016 10:34 AM
To: MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [MittleiderMethodGardening] Spacing.

 

 

I note the chart says 3" between for kale on the chart in 18" beds. That stuff gets 2 feet across. This makes no sense to me. Can someone tell me why 3"?


-Mark

 

 

Mark Group:

 

That is a mistake - sorry.  I plant kale 6" apart, and keep it from getting 2' across by removing leaves and eating them on a regular basis.

 

Jim Kennard

__._,_.___

Posted by: "David Gibson" <dgibson@hot.rr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

0 comments: