[MittleiderMethodGardening] Re: Amazing Find - Solar Power That Works - Practical, Easy, and Low Cost!

 

Folks, some of you may be wondering why I posted the notice about the Indiegogo funding for the new Kodiak portable solar power generator on the gardening group.  Here's one reason why:


I purchased one to be placed on the roof (North end) of my Geo-Air Greenhouse, and I thought some of you might want to consider it for your own garden/greenhouse - or other similar situations.

I believe with the set-up I envision we will be able to power the air blower, lights, and automatic watering for the greenhouse.  And I expect the total cost to be as follows: - 

Basic system (the price is going up again soon, so don't wait) - -  $ 1,260
Extra batteries - 2 - - - $160
Extra solar panels - 2-260 watte each - - - $500 

So, for under $2,000 I believe I can have a totally energy efficient greenhouse that's 23' wide and 40.5' long, 12' high that is growing citrus and papaya trees right now, and I expect to use and grow in year-round in eastern Idaho.

To give you some perspective, for those of you who have not looked into solar power already, a solar system for the house that reduces, but does not eliminate the power bill for our home cost about $45,000!  

Any solar system will be eligible for the government's energy tax credit of 30%, which helps with the cost.

And by the way, for those of you who don't have a greenhouse, there are lots of ways to use this system, including reducing your home power usage.

Again, I invite you to  .  CLICK HERE to support The Kodiak - Off Grid Home Solar System In A Box  The Indiegogo campaign has been EXTREMELY successful, and the company has already more than doubled their funding goal - in only one week!


Check it out.


Jim Kennard 

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: jim@growfood.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: