[MittleiderMethodGardening] Whats your favorite tomatoes?

 

I'd like to know what kinds of tomatoes do you gardeners prefer?


We have a pretty short season here in Western Montana, usually about 3 months, so i've been using Early Girl as my main crop. We can them, make salsa and catsup, eat a lot and share. I have a small greenhouse and grow about 14 plants on strings in it. This year I started the outside plants in a hoop tunnel, so I gain about a month at the start of the season. 


The Early Girls in the green house are not as flavorful and have a mealy, softer texture compared to the ones grown outside. I would also like a tomato with a more acidic old fashioned flavor (ya know, like dad and grandpa grew)


so I would like recommendations for flavorful tomatoes that do well outside or in a greenhouse. It make take different types. I'm willing to try several. I start my own from seed and keep my own seeds from a few heirloom varieties. 


Thanks Bryan

__._,_.___

Posted by: sorensonbj@aol.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: