[MittleiderMethodGardening] Gardening in Houston/Sugar Land

 

Greetings, one and all, I am retired and I live in Houston, Texas. I am very close to the Sugar Land, [Fort Bend County Line]. I would like to contact someone so I could find out where to get some supplies to make, [fill in], my own grow boxes. I think grow boxes are the best way for us to go.

I am thinking of getting the e-book regarding the Mittleider Gardening System, but perhaps some one would be willing to sell the books or materials they have.

I have about 1/3 of an acre and I would like to put about four or five large grow boxes in this fall and winter. We are thinking of putting in boxes that are about 18 inches wide along the sides of our home in the back yard and then the boxes I mentioned, [four or five of them], about 8 to 16 foot long and about four foot wide. We could go with the t-posts and vertical after we get the original plots started.

I am open to suggestion. I am not really what one would call handy, but I am not a klutz with tools either. I am disabled, but no stranger to hard work either. I was thinking of using sand and sawdust or sand and rice hulls. I could even use all three. I would like to start out simple by making the grow boxes about 8 inches deep. We have access to a fairly cheap source of 1 inch plywood. We also have a decent source of PVC pipe.

What I would like to see is a local garden. I would also like to speak, or email, someone in the local Houston area who has used this systen. Where did you get your seeds? I often buy seeds from R.H. Shumway.

I would like to find out where I can get the needed supplies, [sand, rice hulls and saw dust]. We know where to get the fertilizer. We have experience growing out vegetable plants. I really need some reasurrance that this system works.. How much of the system is practical in our area? How many grow beds could my lot handle?

I am off Highway Six between Beechnut and Bissonnett. Any help at this point would be very appreciated. I have been looking at the Mittleider Gardening System for about a year and I know that other methods are just not working for us at the present time. I look forward to hearing from one or two folks in the area that could assist an old man with this new adventure. We have a new grandson and feeding him has become quite expensive. Being retired I need to make the best use of my time, back yard, and finances. Blessings, James+

__._,_.___

Posted by: JJ Claire <pugoclaire@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: