RE: [MittleiderMethodGardening] Blueberries in Utah

 

Just my two cents' worth, if I may. First, MM fertilizer is great and
should be used on anything like that you grow IMHO, but when you make it up,
use sulfate sources for your components, like ammonium sulfate, etc. It
will make the fertilizer more acidic in nature, which the blueberries need.
Second, blueberries are very sensitive to fertilizer salts, and I would
recommend putting less on than you would on other plants. I met a person in
my area who grows blueberries commercially, and I've been enjoying them on a
small scale ever since. Bernie

From: MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim Kennard
&
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2011 4:55 PM
To: MittleiderMethodGardening@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [MittleiderMethodGardening] Blueberries in Utah

I'm wondering if anyone in UT has/is growing blueberry bushes and has had
any luck with it. I plan to fertilize them with MM fertilizer, but wondering
if I'll need to add more stuff to change the PH. Thanks in advance.

rdcastaway & Group:

I recommend you grow your blueberries using the MM fertilizer regimen.
Gypsum should be your source of calcium, but other than that you shouldn't
have any problems. Having sulfur around to lower pH might not be a bad idea,
if your pH is very high.

Jim Kennard

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments: