Re: [Organic_Gardening] Re: Disappearing asparagus

 

Werrabbits..............WAAAAAA_WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

________________________________
From: Linn Bee <smartredd@yahoo.com>
To: Organic_Gardening@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, April 26, 2011 5:39:01 PM
Subject: [Organic_Gardening] Re: Disappearing asparagus

It would be easier to suggest reasons if I knew where you lived. There are
areas that still don't have asparagus up. Spears have just started popping up
in my zone 4-5. I have some wild spots that are still too shaded to start
production.

If they grew well last year, I can't guess you planted them too deeply. Did you
wait until after a freeze to cut the ferns? I usually leave mine on until
spring so water doesn't get down and rot the crowns.

Love, Linn Bee Zone 5a - 4b South-est, central-est Wisconsin

--- In Organic_Gardening On 4/23/2011 7:22 AM, many6extinct wrote: I planted
asparagus two years ago. All was well last Summer, but this Spring most of my
plants have disappeared. Does anyone have any ideas about what could have
happened to them?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: